Molten Metal Manipulation
Operational scenarios in the military place unique demands on equipment and require novel repair solutions, often in extremely challenging environments.
Rawwater is developing the M3 Instant Metal Patch (IMP) – a portable technology to provide instant, emergency metal repairs in the field and on the front line.
The kit would enable military personnel to spray, at low temperature, a patch that solidifies immediately over a damaged surface – meaning, for example, that in a matter of minutes, a soldier could repair a damaged fuel tank without first having to defuel.
With its ability to seal, encapsulate and fix components with a corrosion-resistant metal alloy, M3 offers a unique means of rapidly repairing and returning equipment to service, as well as carrying out temporary working repairs to maintain functionality until a complete repair can be undertaken.
Example applications include:
- Repairs to damaged mechanical components (e.g. gearbox and engine casings)
- Electrical conductor repairs including battery terminals
- Controlling/limiting fluid loss from fuel and water pipes and tanks
- Sealing damaged radiators, hydraulic/pneumatic systems and pipes
- Sealing holes, cracks, positive and negative pressure leaks
M3 provides rapid repair in situations that challenge more conventional approaches.