Molten Metal Manipulation (M3)
Secure, Instant, Yet Easily Reversible, Alloy Coatings and Seals
Maximising our knowledge of bismuth alloy seals for oil and gas reservoir plugging & abandonment, we are developing Molten Metal Manipulation (M3) – a range of new alloys and application techniques to provide instant, yet easily reversible metal seals for the nuclear industry, defence and various industrial sectors.
Molten Metal Manipulation for the Energy sector includes novel solutions for enhanced oil & gas recovery, including zonal formation isolation and well integrity management.
Molten Metal Manipulation for the Nuclear industry provides an innovative way of repairing cracks in storage tanks and other infrastructure.
Molten Metal Manipulation for Defence includes a ‘man-portable’ metal spray technology for repairs to ‘live leaks’ in the field and at sea.
Molten Metal Manipulation for Industry provides an innovative way of repairing leaks and fractures in pipes, plant and civil structures across a wide range of sectors.
Using specially developed alloy classes that can be applied in air or under water, we offer secure metal seals and collars that can be used for sealing and encapsulation, and to repair leaks and cracks in storage tanks and civil structures.
Rawwater M3 technology is based on our ability to manipulate low melting point bismuth alloys prior to solidification, to achieve repairs or provide metallic coatings.
Rawwater M3 alloys deliver extraordinary performance in the most challenging of environments. Their various attributes include:
- Applied in air or under water – using different techniques for different applications
- Individual alloy classes for different operating temperatures
- Molten alloy ‘spray’, ‘bullet’ and ‘casting collar’ application techniques
- Rapid application and instant curing
- Easy removal and reapplication
- For both low pressure and higher pressure leaks
- Very little surface preparation required
- Can be applied to fuel tanks and systems containing combustible media - without the need to degas
- Can be applied to metals, concrete, ceramics, elastomers, polymers, composites and combinations
Demonstration of leak repair using low-temperature metallic deposition technology:
1. Water flows from ruptured steel canister
2. Metallic deposition stems the flow
3. The canister is sealed
Demonstration of low-temperature metallic deposition technology on raw egg:
Contact us for more information.